1. General Ladder and Cup Rules 🏆⚖️
- FOV + TPR standard values (97 FOV – 80 TPR).
- Base 20 fps.
- Packets 100.
- TimeNudge 0.
- Bo3 – Frag total in first 2 rounds “winner” chooses round 3 map and server if need be.
- Screenshots of all rounds and demo must always be uploaded on the Discord.
1.1. No show 🕒🚫
If your opponent does not show up within 15 minutes of the deadline for the cup match, you may opt for a default win, unless otherwise agreed with admins. There are no default wins in ladders but warnings will be given.
1.2. Agreements 🤝📋
By default, basejka fps 20 TuA hidden servers must be used for the cups and ladders. If at all a server deviates from standard ESL settings, the opposition must be made aware of any and all changes. Both teams or players must take screenshots of an agreement. Given all else, admins will not accept protests regarding server related issues if aforementioned circumstances are fulfilled.
1.3. Ladders 🏆
- Each player or team starts at 1000 points and may win or lose points depending on their matches. Points are calculated using ELO system.
- Toxic behavior and breaking any of the rules written on this page during ladder and cup matches may lead to bans and removal from the community.
- After match is confirmed new points will not update immediately. Be patient in case this takes longer than anticipated. Eventually all matches will result in appropriate ELO ratings.
- Match disputes may be activated on the platform and will be resolved with admins using the ticket system on Discord.
- Rules for cups and ladders are generally similar and differ only in the way the two competitions work. There is no end in matches in a ladder, while the cup will eventually end and its system will depend on the type of the cup.
2. Match Media 📸📹
2.1. Screenshots 📷🖼️
A screenshot must be provided of match scores at the end of each round. Discord has a channel for submitting screenshots.
2.2. Replays 🔄🎮
A demo must be recorded for each round by at least one player from each team. Discord has a channel for submitting demos.
3. Settings ⚙️🛠️
3.1. Server settings 🖥️🌐
3.1.1. Configs 🧾🔧
ESL standard configs must be used on all servers.
3.1.2. Modifications 🔄🚫
All servers must run on the pure basejka version of the game.
3.2. Client settings 🕹️🔧
- cg_drawTimer 1
- cg_lagometer 1
- cl_timenudge must be set to 0.
- rate limited to 40000.
- cg_fov must be restricted to a maximum of 97 (it may go below, never above).
- cg_thirdpersonrange is restricted to 80.
- cl_maxpackets must be 100 at all times.
- Conclusive evidence of these settings being abused will result in a ban of the current cup and possibly future cups as well as all the ladders.
3.2.1. Changing team names 🔄🏷️
- A team can change its name at any time. This also applies when a team is restructured.
- Changing a team’s name in order to fool other teams is forbidden. Extremely long names, or consistent changing of team names is prohibited and can be punished with bans.
- During JNC, team’s names must be based on their region. For example, United Kingdom is Team UK, and Germany is Team Germany. A and B subsections of such squads are allowed as well as nicknames that follow the regional names. For example Team Germany – nickname.
3.2.2. Team nationality 🌍
During JNC, players on a specific national team must be of the same nationality, unless certain circumstances apply with combined regions.
3.2.3. Players in team 👥🎮
A player may only play for one team in a tournament or ladder.
4. Match Rules 🎮🔍
4.1. Game preparations 🕹️🔧
4.1.1. Game version 🎮🔄
Every match has to be played on game patch 1.01. The only third-party client, beside the original Jamp.exe, allowed to be used is EternalJK but previously mentioned settings must be forced. Furthermore, all restrictions of the original Jamp.exe client must be followed and may never be abused. This includes the use of any wallhack or other such similarities that may be built into a third party client.
4.1.2. Nickname 🆔
You have to play with a nickname that relates to your cup and ladder nickname. Usage of colors and symbols for decoration, as well as the clan tag are allowed, however, one must be easily able to tell who you are.
4.1.3. Choice of server 🌐🚀
All matches must be played on TuA Community hidden servers.
4.1.4. Warm Up 🔥🔄
A warm up of 10 minutes is allowed if both players or teams agree.
4.1.5. A draw during group stage cups 🏆🤝
At the end of the group stage, any draws will be decided by the frag difference between the two teams from previous matches.
4.1.6. Agreements 🤝✍️
22.214.171.124. Spectators 👀👥
Spectators are allowed unless a team or a player specifically implies no spectators are allowed. In this case, only the playing players from each team may be on the server. A pause is allowed if either team wants to swap a player during the game if no spectators are allowed, but this can only happen immediately after the player has died.
Neutral streamers (streamer rank on discord) are always allowed to stream. However, no player from either team can stream the match if no spectators are allowed, unless both teams agree hereby.
126.96.36.199. Streamers 🎥📡
While streaming, a 45 second delay must be added to your stream in order to prevent unfair abuse. The only exception is if both teams agree to remove this time delay.
In OBS, this can be done via Settings > Broadcast settings > “Delay (seconds)”.
4.2. Substitutions and intermissions 🔄🔄
4.2.1. Exchanging players during a match 👥🔄
Exchanging of players during a match is allowed, but only immediately after the player wanting to be replaced has died. In case of no spectators being allowed, read 188.8.131.52.
4.2.2. Player drops 📉🕒
In case a player lags out or is unable to continue to play because of another understandable reason, the match has to be paused at once and a screenshot of the current score and time has to be made. After 5 minutes of waiting for that player, the match must continue. The team must let another player take the empty spot but only if they have not exchanged a player in that round yet. If this is not possible, the match may be postponed and will continue where it left off regarding the score and time, but if it was the deadline then the match will end with the default win for the team that had their players.
4.2.3. Game Intermissions ⏸️🕒
If the match gets interrupted, the points that have been scored so far will be saved. Take a screenshot if possible. The match will continue with the remaining time once all players are ready. So if the interruption occurred at a time of 9:12 with the max time of 15 minutes, you still have to play 6 minutes. For 9:00 also 6 minutes. For 8:59 7 minutes, etc.
4.2.4. Swapping or replacing a team member during a cup 🔄👥
- You can only replace a player if he has not participated in any match during the cup.
- The admin team will have to approve of any swap before it is made and always reserves the right to decline.
4.3. Illegal Actions 🚫❌
4.3.1. Exploits / Bugusing 🕳️🐛
It is not allowed to exploit map bugs at any given time. This includes for example:
- Glitching through objects that should be unpassable.
- Exploiting a texture bug to gain a view through objects.
Killing a player by jumping on him while he’s using an elevator is not considered a map bug.
4.3.2. Modded Content 🎮🛠️
It is generally forbidden to use any content that may alter gameplay or give you an advantage over your opponent. When in doubt whether this is the case for a specific file, the admins must be contacted before the match begins.
184.108.40.206. Usage of modified/new sabers 🔪
It is not allowed to use sabers that do not comply with the rules. Violation of this rule leads to severe penalties.
220.127.116.11. Usage of modified/new player models and skins 👤👕
The only allowed models and skins are those you can choose by default when you select “Profile” in the main menu. Custom models created with the game’s character creator are considered legit. All other models and skins, be it custom files or models/skins only accessible via cvar command, are not allowed to be used.
4.3.3. 3rd Party Software/Patches 💻🔌
The usage of any software which may alter gameplay or give you an advantage over your opponent is strictly forbidden. Any match in which the winning party used such software will be deleted.
4.3.4. Excessive avoidance of enemy contact 🏃🔥
It is not allowed to continuously (this is not for a few seconds) bar the opponent from fragging by any form of action (e.g. running or jumping away, extremely passive play). Normal passive play remains unpunished, because this kind of gameplay generally allows the opponent to frag. Excessive running, avoiding or other means that have the specific purpose of actively disallowing the opponent to attack you for an extended amount of time, will be punished. Classic TDM tactics of avoiding 1on1 and focusing on backstabs is not considered avoidance, as long as you are actively attacking from time to time.
What you cannot do:
- Excessively using the small map objects to hide or escape constantly from the enemy OR to continuously bar the enemy from reaching you.
- Extensively running, jumping or hiding with the specific purpose of avoiding the enemy for longer periods of time.
- You cannot use a small unplayable part of the map to create tactics such as ‘king of the hill’.
How to play passive without causing excessive avoidance:
- As long as you are not running to the extent that you are disallowing the enemy to hit you, passive play is allowed, as long as you are not constantly changing map locations.
- If you’re not an attacker, you may counter-attack as long you allow your opponent to reach you.
Tips to expose non-passive players:
- Don’t always play on duel1, go for something that suits your attacks better.
- Never give up on the match, it is impossible to expose a 4.3.4 case if you kill yourself with the opponent’s saber.
4.3.5. Intentionally killing/laming 🔪❌
Intentionally killing/laming someone during the match that is in chat will be penalized as “Unsportsmanlike behavior”. The frag will be removed and a warning will be issued to the player. In case this happens again, 3 frags will be removed and the resulting player will be banned for 3 matches. The team may replace this player with another player on the team if no substitutions have found place during the match. Does not apply when your saber is down, or if you lost your saber due to a block. It’s your own responsibility to go into chat when you have a problem. Lames that are accidental due to suddenly putting up a chat box in the middle of combat will not be penalized.
4.3.6. Excessive usage of special moves 🎮✨
Staffers are now allowed to make a max of 5 BF/GBF during 1 round of 10 min and 7 during 1 round of 15 min. More than that will be penalized with the removal of 5 frags from the team or player and furthermore result in a warning. If intentional BF/GBF’s continue after this, the team or player will receive a default loss.
5. Penalty system ⚖️🔨
5.1. General 📜🔍
- No show – Disqualification. If this continues in future cups, bans may be handed out, evaluated by the admins.
- Using a player who is not on the team (through name faking or simply playing a player not on the sheet) – disqualification from current cup followed by a ban for the next tournament for the entire team.
5.2. Unsportsmanlike behaviour 🙅♂️❌
- Multiple/fake accounts: Ban from the next 3 cups.
- Deception: Disqualification from the current cup and a ban from the next cup.
- Fake result – Disqualification and a review by the admins. Further punishments may apply.
- Fake match media – Reviewed by the admins. If it is seen as an attempt to fake results, fake result punishment will be given. If it is by mistake, a warning will be issued.
- Fake match: Disqualification and a ban from 3 or more future cups.
- Cheating: Depending on the severity, which will be determined by the admins, a minimum ban of 3 future cups and immediate disqualification. The same applies to any settings or modded hilts that have been abused as specified in 3.2 and 4.1.2.
- Usage of map bugs is not allowed and may result in disqualification, determined by the admins.
- Excessive avoidance of enemy contact as described in 4.3.4 will generally be punished with a round-replay but may issue further penalties.
5.3. Demos and screenshots 🎥📸
- Failure to provide requested screenshots or demos may result in disqualification, determined by the admins.
- Intentionally laming as defined in 4.3.5 will result in 1 frag being removed. If this subsequently happens on the same team twice, 3 frags will be removed and the player will be banned for 3 matches.
- Excessive usage of special moves as defined in 4.3.6 will be penalized with the removal of 5 frags from the team/player (1v1) and furthermore result in a warning. If intentional BF/GBF’s continue after this, the team/player will receive a default loss.
5.4. Global rules 🌍📜
The baseJKA team maintains the right to decide outside or even against the rulebook in special cases to secure fairplay.